Artificial intelligence-enabled drug discovery startup X-37, LLC, announced it has closed $14.5 million in Series A funding to expand its drug development programs and advance identified drug leads through laboratory and preclinical testing, with the goal of starting clinical trials within the next two years.
The year-old San Francisco-based company uses an AI platform developed by Atomwise (a co-founder) for structure-based drug design to screen chemical compounds against pharmaceutical targets. This funding round was led by DCVC Bio and was joined by Alpha Intelligence Capital and Hemi Ventures.
X-37’s development programs provide novel therapeutics for important drug targets that address unmet clinical needs, such as ZAP-70 for autoimmune disease, PIM3 and SHP2 for cancer and Factor XIIa for anticoagulation.
- Biocentury: Atomwise JV raises $14.5M series A to advance AI-discovered candidates
- Biospace: X-37 Announces $14.5 Million Series A
- Endpoints News: Atomwise’s X-37 spinout gets $14.5 million to launch AI discovery efforts
- FierceBiotech: New Atomwise offshoot X-37 raises $14.5M to shepherd AI-designed drugs
- FinSMes: X-37 Raises $14.5M in Series A Funding
- Global Corporate Venturing: X-37 catches series A express
- MedCity News: Drug-discovery firm nets $14.5M in Series A funding
- Pulse 2.0: AI-Enabled Drug Discovery Company X-37 Announces $14.5 Million In Funding
- Pharmaceutical Daily: X-37 Announces $14.5 Million Series A
- Xconomy: Startup X-37 Raises $14.5M to Expand on AI-Powered Drug Discovery